Friday, February 25, 2011

Back from outer space (that's revisions)

After spending many months with the next Ellie McDoodle book I can proudly say that I am done living in a fantasy world and am back to real life for a while. (until my editor's revisions notes arrive... then it's back to not-really-here-ness again).

The next book's about soccer. I learned a LOT about soccer while writing it. (Ellie learns how to properly kick the ball, for one thing)
I learned a lot about life, too -- like, for instance, email still comes even when I am not at the computer to answer it. (1347 in the in-box, right now. I'm starting to think I might not answer them all)
Here's a page from my rough art/rough writing for the book:


This picture has nothing to do with soccer but everything to do with teamwork. And there's a reason for the crazy hairstyles.
I hope this art will make it into the book. You and I will have to wait til next Spring to know for sure. :)



No comments: